Jan 24, 2009

Dreamy Creamy Pasta Primavera

Tummy Boy and I have recently stumbled upon a Gluten-Free (and vegetarian!) gold mine with Alouette cheeses. In the two weeks since we have discovered Alouette, I have cooked with it three times!
According to their website:

Is Alouette gluten free?
Yes, all Alouette products are gluten free.”

So, the other night we were in the mood for a romantic dinner and I made a wonderful (If I may say so myself) and easy Gluten-Free Pasta Primavera. It’s hard to describe just how good this was, but we were definitely members of the clean plate club.
They have a recipe on the website but we took a little liberty with it. Here’s how we did it:

Ingredients:
1 bag Bionaturae Pasta (We used the Spaghetti shape)
1 tub Alouette Garlic & Herb Spreadable Cheese
1 small jar Roasted Red Peppers
A splash of Gluten-Free Vegetable Broth (Brand: Kitchen Basics)
1 jar Sliced Mushrooms
A few Oil Cured Olives (More or less to taste- Tummy Boy did not care for these but I sure do!)
1 handful Fresh Spinach Leaves
1 small Zucchini
1-2 Tbsp. Olive Oil

Directions:
Tummy Boy got the pasta boiling while I worked on the other ingredients. For prep work: I chopped up the zucchini in small half moon shapes, or you can do them julienne. And I opened all the jars, un-pitted the olives and cut them in half, sliced up the roasted red pepper, and picked over and washed the spinach. I heated up a small sauce pan and cooked all of the vegetables in with the olive oil until the zucchini was lightly browned on each side. At that point I tossed in the splash of vegetable broth and scooped the Alouette into the pan too. I stirred everything around as the cheese melted instantly into a yummy sauce. Tummy Boy had the pasta finished at that point, so I poured the vegetable/sauce mixture into the big spaghetti pot and stirred.

We lit some candles and had a very romantic evening and some Gluten-Free kisses too.

http://www.alouettecheese.com/index.php

No comments:

Post a Comment